FAITH IN WHAT WE DON'T SEE

FAITH IN WHAT WE DON'T SEE

The fundamental fact of existence is that this trust in God, this faith, is the firm foundation under everything that makes life worth living. It's our handle on what we can't see. The act of faith is what distinguished our ancestors, set them above the crowd.

Hebrews 11:1 (The Message Translation)



Thursday, January 5, 2012

Treasure Chest Thursday-stairway rug

In July of 2007 we lost our Grandma Edwards, she was the only grandparent my siblings and I ever knew, since my father's mother had died shortly after my father was born. Grandma Edwards was the most patient lady I ever knew, I cannot remember her ever raising her voice to anyone. Our family had the daunting task of cleaning out her home to be sold. She had several treasures, none of great monetary value but a home full of sentimental treasures. As we were moving out the last of her things something caught my eye the last day. It was an old rug that had been nailed to her stairway long before I was born in Nov 62'. I claimed it for my home. I had it cleaned and a new binding sewn to the edges, it's still kinda faded and torn a little where the nails were, but to me it's in perfect condition. That tattered old rug is just priceless to me, I remember my family when I was younger each time I see it, all the Thanksgivings, Christmas', birthdays and Sunday afternoon get togethers were some of the best times ever. It's not the value of the items after we go, its the value of the memories that matter most.
k

No comments:

Post a Comment