FAITH IN WHAT WE DON'T SEE

FAITH IN WHAT WE DON'T SEE

The fundamental fact of existence is that this trust in God, this faith, is the firm foundation under everything that makes life worth living. It's our handle on what we can't see. The act of faith is what distinguished our ancestors, set them above the crowd.

Hebrews 11:1 (The Message Translation)



Friday, February 21, 2014

52 Ancestors #8 Louise K. Bienz Bohnke



Louise K. Bienz was my Grandmother. She was born on 23 Nov 1907 in Union Township Indiana to Adam Bienz and Matilda Bleeke. I never know her and neither did my dad. She died on 7 Oct 1935 just 10 days after my dad was born. I found her obituary in our local newspaper the Decatur Democrat it states death was due to embolism. This is also what my dad always told me about his mother.






Louise is buried at St. Peter Lutheran Church Cemetery on 100 East in Adams County Indiana. She is buried alone, her husband Herman Bohnke was not buried with Louise when he died in 1952, he is also buried alone in the same cemetery. 








Herman and Louise were married on 7 Jun 1930 they had 2 children Willmott Doyle born 18 Mar 1933 in Adams County IN and my dad Lehnford Lee. Willmott was killed in a jeep accident on 4 Mar 1954 at Ft. Hood Texas. Willmott had enlisted in the U.S Army on 13 Apr 1953.  He is also buried at St. Peter's Church Cemetery.















No comments:

Post a Comment